Crane Duty Helical Equipment Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. The selection of a gear unit is influenced by the class of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specified. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear devices type HA, HB and HC are suggested for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear systems type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower required for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, discover in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size ought to be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in course II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is 9, the unit HB-350 will be suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric motor for cross travel drive in a course IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in class IV duty the rated HP is 3
We would love to aid you with anything you should find out about crane duty helical gearbox.